Friday, June 4, 2021

⭐️ Learn English Through Conversation | #3 I'm here!

#englishvocabulary #englishlesson #englishcourse
Learn English Through Conversation | #3 I'm here! Today’s lesson shows how to speak English on the phone. I can ask a friend to practice after class, walking home, or even on the phone after I get home from class. Conversation Anna: I am in my new apartment! Great! I live with Marsha. We’re roommates. I want to cook dinner. Hum. Is there a supermarket near here? Marsha knows. Marsha’s work number is 555-8986. Man: Hello. Anna: Hello. Is this Marsha? It is Anna. Man: I am sorry. You have the wrong number. Anna: Oh. Is this 555-8986? Man: No. This is 555-8689. Anna: Oh. Excuse me! Man: Okay. ‘Bye. Anna: One more time. 555-8986. Please be Marsha. Marsha: Hello. This is Marsha. Anna: Yes, Marsha. I want to cook dinner. Marsha: Excuse me? Anna? Is that you? Anna: Oh, yes. I am here! Marsha: Good. You are there. Anna: I want to find a supermarket. Marsha: Oh, okay. The supermarket is at 1500 Irving Street. It is near the apartment. Anna: Great! Goodbye! Marsha: Goodbye, Anna. Anna: There is a big supermarket on my street. And Marsha says I am a good cook! Until next time … ! Keywords cook - v. to prepare (food) for eating especially by using heat dinner - n. the main meal of the day excuse - v. to forgive someone for making a mistake or doing something wrong find - v. to get or discover something or someone that you are looking for here - adv. in this place or at this location live - v. to have a home in a specified place near - adv. close to something or someone number – n. a number or a set of numbers and other symbols that is used to identify a person or thing or a telephone number sorry - adj. feeling sorrow or regret supermarket - n. a store where customers can buy a variety of foods and household items there - adv. in that place or at that location want - v. to desire or wish for something wrong - adj. not suitable or appropriate for a particular purpose, situation, or person 👉🏻 If you like it, give me a thumbs up, subscribe the channel and click the notification bell to get newer videos. 👉🏻 Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Mr.Zazelis - Add me as a friend 👉🏻 Facebook Group (Learn English Here For Free) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/LearnEnglishHereForFree/ 👉🏻 Blog: https://teacherzazelis.blogspot.com/ 👉🏻 Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/teacher_zazelis/  

No comments :

Post a Comment